Saturday, September 13, 2008

Twilight Zone of Sports

Last night, not a single sports team I care about played. I think the point in September between Sundays is honestly the most devastatingly boring time to be a sports fan, even if you like baseball. College football is decent, but there's a glaring lack of the interesting storylines that dominated last season. Maryland upsetting Cal was pretty cool though. Brilliant play at the end by the MD guy, who knocked the onside kick out of bounds rather than letting Cal get to it.

Pens tickets on sale in one week from today. I'm thinking home game vs. the Sharks is one I want, possibly a Flyers, Rangers, and Capitals game.

Guys at home (OK, just Will): I strongly recommend you all come up to Pittsburgh during however much vacation time you're giving yourselves during Xmas season. I'm taking just about 2 weeks, so I'll be home for it. I'd love to grab tickets against some losers like the Panthers (who no one will buy tickets to) and have you experience a game in the Igloo.

Lastly, I'm not feeling good at all about this Chargers game on Sunday. It's akin to the slow gut punching I expected to receive when the Pens played Detroit in game 1 of the SCF. Hopefully they can pull it off, that would be huge now that Merriman's out.

Go Pens/O's/Bolts (in that order)

- Matt

1 comment:

Will Shock said...

That'd be great! I approve. And I agree - the play by the MD kid was one of the smartest I've seen in college football in a very, very long time.